Google Analytics is a free tool that you can used to track information about the way visitors to your site interact with it. It’s especially useful when used in conjunction with your free BoostSuite account. I’ll explain why.
During a search engine optimization (SEO) campaign, you will need to use Google Analytics to track the performance of your keywords in order to have a successful campaign. You will be able to know how much traffic each of the keyword brings to your website. Google Analytics will open up a world of information you probably never knew about visitors on your site.
Here are some benefits of using Google Analytics during an optimization campaign:
- It is completely free of charge. Although it is a free tool, but it still offer just as much or even more functionalities when compared to other paying tools.
- Able to find out how your visitors locate your website. Other than the core set of keywords that you are optimizing, you will also be able to find out what other keywords your visitors type in to find your website. During the initial optimization campaign, the number of keywords may be little. But as time goes by, you will start getting more keywords being listed on organic listings, due to your overall optimization effort.
- Able to identify which pages and links your visitors click the most. You will be able to know which are the popular pages and links, and measure whether your optimization campaign is directing the traffic to the correct pages.
- Visitor segmentation. With this, you will be able to know how many new visitors that your search engine optimization campaign brings to you. You can segment your analytic result by new/returning visitors, geography and referral sources.
- Able to fine tune your website. With this analytic report, you will be able to fine tune your website, and do a new copywriting on any page that is not converting well. In the end, it will bring you more quality prospects, and thus gaining more customers in the near future.
With Google Analytics, other than collecting data about traffic from Google, you will also be able to collect data traffic from MSN and Yahoo! search results with respect to your site and use it to strengthen your stronghold on the search platform.
One great thing that BoostSuite automatically handles is the identification of bottleneck pages on your website. These are pages where your visitors are getting stuck. To increase your visitor to conversion rate, you can use our headline optimization tests to test up to four different iterations of a headline on a single page. Once one of those headlines is deemed a winner (statistically significant), BoostSuite will automatically display that to all visitors.
Every marketing campaign on the Internet needs to be tracked in order to make it successful. After planning and implementation, tracking tools are necessary so as to calculate the ROI of a particular campaign.
Related reading – How to add Google Analytics to your website
Want to grow your audience? Try BoostSuite for free today and put your services, products and ideas in front of your next best customer.